Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 2: Delft, blue delft

We left Gent early in the morning to catch the train to Delft. We changed trains in Antwerp and Rotterdam.
I can tell you, dutch mass transit systems are more organised than the belgian ones. That doesn't mean I'm complaining about the belgian trains. In Romania, when you arrive in time at your destination by train, you are called a very lucky man.
I think we were in the train to Antwerp when I realised I've forgotten my phone at Rik's place. At the moment, I felt quite unlucky, but in the end, it turned out to be a good deal. What do I need a phone for, I'm here to relax and forget about anything connected to Bucharest.
We met Andrea at the train station in Delft. She hosted us at her boyfriend's apartment, right in the middle of the city center. The place had an interesting view. From one of the little triangle windows you could see the Clock tower from the old city center. Cool watch, huh?
Deni went in Delft before, so we went to eat at a fish market he knew in the center. I will never forget that fish. The best fish in Delft!
Later, of course, we went looking for a coffeeshop Deni went in one year ago. Somehow, on every tight street that we walked into, Deni said: Oh, wait! I have a feeling, I think this is it. But it wasn't, so after asking a lot of people about a god damn coffeeshop, we found one by mistake. Small and smelly. Sooo after we wen out of the shop... we decided that... well, we've seen the sights and all, beutiful canals, beutiful ducks, lot of bikes, yea, yea, yea, let's go home and relax :D
The Marijuana experience was cute.
Later in the evening, Andreea took us by car in Den Haag, at the seaside. There were a lot of restaurants and Cafes with terraces. Dutch people know how to sell, man, even the sunset was perfect, you felt like leaving a tip for its view, too.

I was just getting used to the sights.


No comments: