Sunday, November 9, 2008

My impressions on Dutch people

Short post on things that I've noticed in the Netherlands at people on the street and people that I've talked to:
  • they smile often
  • they are very kind, very polite and very tolerant with the others
  • dutch are eco-friendly: they cycle, recycle and don't throw garbage on the streets!
  • they like flowers and cats. Really big cats
  • they drink beer; even when they ride a bicycle.
  • they don't wear dutch clogs (wooden shoes) :)
  • Most of them don't smoke marijuana. I'd say 99% of the consumers are tourists
  • they don't have interesting traditional meals. That doesn't mean they don't cook great
  • they think positive
  • the businessmen have good marketing skills
Coming up soon: Day 5> Amsterdam

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alexandra thanks for popping by to my blog. I've just been reading about your trip through the Netherlands great stuff. I think that you have forgotten one important item of the Dutch... you forgot to mention how bloody tall they all are :-)

yellowTulip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...

:)))
Yep, you're right! I think I've got used to the fact that everybody was so tall there, that I didn't found it unusual anymore

Anonymous said...

They're not taller than me :))
Nice photos. I'm planning to visit Holland in spring

Unknown said...

Hello!
First of all let me congratulate you for the great work you are doing as a photographer. Your photos are really nice and inspiring. Therefore I would really like to invite you to join the travel photos portal where I am an active member as well. It is an expanding travel community that we are trying to build up. And I think that it is a great chance for you to increase your visibility as well as share your travel experiences with so many more people around the world. Registration is free of charge and you just have to give the link to the actual location of your travel photo gallery and insert a small description about it. It takes just a few minutes!
Here is the link to the travel community I am talking about:

http://travelphotofind.com/

I could have suggested your travel photos myself, but I thought it would be so much better for you to do it yourself and then personally receive feedback from the visitors.
Hope to see you there soon!

Sincerely yours,


Andre

Anonymous said...

Cat te-a costat toata excursia?

Foarte tare ideea.